Friday, March 15, 2013

Hop Against Homophobia and Transphobia: 2013 Sign-Up!


The Hop Against Homophobia and Transphobia (HAHAT) was created last year to spread awareness of homophobia and transphobia, and to stand together as a writer community against discrimination of our works. The participation was beyond our dreams and the posts were breathtaking. We've created a page where you can visit these 2012 posts directly to see what everyone was up to. Since then, we've changed the name of the hop, increased the time length, and changed up the rules to keep things running smoothly.

This hop is now completely open to the whole of LGBTQ.

Dates:
The hop begins on May 17, 2013 and runs through May 27, 2013. Sign ups for the HAHAT will end on May 10, 2013.

Participation requirements:
To participate in the HAHAT, you must be an author, publisher, reviewer, or cover designer of LGBTQ fiction (you do not have to write, publish, review, or cover design LGBTQ works exclusively) and provide a link to your blog and active email address. That's it!

Optionally, we encourage you to mention the blog in its lead-up. We'll be doing our part in promoting the event, but the more people talk about it, the bigger and better it will be!

What participating entails:
Participating requires that you create a post on your blog for the hop on May 17, 2013. The post must include:
» The HAHAT image, with a link to the official hop site: http://hopagainsthomophobia.blogspot.com/
» Note that it's the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia in the post, and include a topic that relates to LGBTQ.
» An LGBTQ-related prize, such as donations in the winner's name, paperbacks or ebooks (your own or someone else's), swag, t-shirts, or anything you like that is connected to the LGBTQ community.
» (Optional) Links to the other blog participants (we'll offer a code that you can put at the bottom of your post to link to multiple other participants).

We'll be sending out a reminder email with all the specifics once we get closer to the kick-off date of the hop, so watch your email in May.

Restrictions:
» Any direct links to sales pages will be removed. You must link to your blog.
» Any non LGBTQ participants will be removed.
» Your post must be up no later than one day after May 17th. If your post isn't up on the 18th, you will receive a reminder. If the post isn't up by the 19th, your link will be removed. You can pre-schedule posts in most (if not all) blog programs, and we encourage you to do so.

When you sign up:
Please provide a correct link to your blog and an active email address.
Please use the following indicators behind your names (i.e. NJ Nielsen (M/M), whichever applies:
»Gay: (M/M) 
»Lesbian: (F/F) 
»Trans: (TR)
»Bi: (BI)
»Reviewers: (REV)
»Publishers: (PUB)
»Cover designers: (DES)
»Multiple pairings: (MULTI) - This is if you write e.g. M/M and Trans stories. Please note that M/F stories are not a part of this hop yet, so if you write F/F and M/F, please only add the F/F behind your name.

This hop isn't only for romance writers. If you write LGBTQ non-fic, poetry, or "gay/lesbian fiction" and don't want to use the (M/M) or (F/F) indicators, you're welcome to use (Gay) or (Les). 

Have any questions? Please take a look at our FAQ page. If you don't find your answer there, feel free to ask us :)

25 comments:

  1. Duuuuh - dumbass Cameron forgot to add MM and Trans after his name - could someone put it right please? Sorry everyone (you coulda bet huh?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, crap-a-doo. I did the same. I'm M/M, Erica (and trigger happy, apparently). Sorry! :/

      Delete
    2. Hehe, don't worry. I'll fix it tomorrow. It's 1 AM! I swear it was 9 PM just minutes ago...

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm already on the list :) Might've changed that M/M to Multi though since I write LGBT characters across the board :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to participate in this important event! Here is my blog: http://andrewjpeterswrites.com
    My listing is: Andrew J. Peters (Gay)
    E-mail: ajpeters@andrewjpeterswrites.com

    Thanks for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M/M here. Didn't know how to insert it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take care of it :) Thanks for signing up.

      Delete
  5. Same dumb ass problem. Forgot to put M/M, F/F, BI after my name - Jane Leopold Quinn.

    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry...typo.

    --
    Hello! I would also like to participate but I don't write fiction. I write game products/RPG books. My material is considered to be gay-friendly and I was even nominated for a Spectrum Award for my work on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Roleplaying Game.

    So not sure if I can participate or not.

    Here is my site in case you want/need to see what I am about.
    The Other Side

    Thanks,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any chance I can still sign up?

    piaveleno.com
    piathewriter (at) gmail
    multi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Erica, I'd like to sign up, too. My info is: Ryal Woods m/m http://in2thewood.com ryalwoods@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knew there would be some late arrivals, hehe.

      Delete
  9. Couldn't figure out how to add this. Sorry!

    Aisling Mancy (M/M)
    www.AislingMancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. *waves* Hi Erica!

    I will be participating in this tomorrow, too!

    Cody Kennedy (M/M YA)
    www.CKennedyAuthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add you as a last-minute entry (well, okay, it's still a few hours until midnight, hehe).

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Erica! You're the best!

      Delete
  11. Hi Erica! I just talked to Sasha on Twitter & she told me I could still participate if I left a comment here. So sorry I'm late to the party! I've been loving all the posts.

    I'm J.C. Lillis and I write M/M. My blog is jclillis.com, and I just put my post up. Thank you so much for putting this together -- it's AWESOME and you rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, forgot my email: jclillisbooks@gmail.com

      Delete